Monday, December 28, 2009

The Future is Bright for American Education

In 2009, I have witnessed plenty of things that has given me hope for the future of American education. The experience I will be sharing has nothing to do with reading, writing, or math-- but about the human character. I feel that this is just as important to be taught as the academics.

In my son's district, the children are taught to care for others. This holiday season, there were over 300 children who would not be getting a visit from Santa Claus. The staff, administration, students, and community members gathered to purchase and/or make gifts for these needy children. It is taught to the students that giving to others is an important aspect of life. These teachers are teaching our children that giving is better than recieving, and it is important to care for others.

Because of this, I have much hope for the future of American education!

This post is a part of the MAT@USC Hope for the holidays event. Did you experience or witness something in 2009 that gave you hope for the future of American education? If so, please see this post for more information on how to share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment